Skip to main content
- Quiet conversation and collaboration are permitted as long as patrons are considerate to those around them.
- If noise from headphones or other devices is audible to surrounding patrons, staff may request that the sound be turned down.
- Staff may ask patrons to stop talking if they are causing a disruption - especially if another patron comes forward with a complaint of excessive noise.
- Cell phone ringers and sound must be silenced, and patrons must take all cell phone calls outside of the Library.
- As per HCC's College policy, children under the age of 12 who are not registered credit or non-credit students, who are not participating in an authorized college activity, or who are not attending a scheduled event shall not be left unattended anywhere on the college campus. Unattended children in the Library will be turned over to Campus Police for their own safety.
- Children who are attending an official school or are home-schooled, and have proof of being at or above the ninth-grade level, are welcome to use most Library resources and may obtain off-campus borrower cards. A valid driver's license, state, or school photo ID will suffice for this purpose.
- Covered drinks and small food items are permitted in the Library.
- The library staff is not liable for unintended items left in the library area.