An off-campus borrower’s account is available to members of the general public interested in checking out materials from any of the library’s circulating collections. A valid driver’s license or photo identification with proof of current address is required to set up an off-campus borrower’s account. Washington County Free Library cards may be used for check-out.
A non-refundable fee of $10.50 is charged to out-of-state residents to obtain off-campus borrowing privileges. Out-of-state alumni who graduated more than one year ago may retain their borrowing privileges for a non-refundable fee of $5.25.
Check-outs and Fines
- Circulating Books: Four-item limit, three-week check-out.
- DVD and VHS Tapes: Two-item limit, one-week check-out.
- Two renewals are permitted for circulating books only and must be renewed before the item reaches overdue status.
- No renewals for DVDs or VHS tapes.
- Notice: Library items that are 15 weeks overdue will be considered “lost.”
- A charge of $65 is assessed for each “lost” library item.
- A charge of up to $65 may be assessed for library materials that are returned damaged.