Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) program for English Language Learners
The next CNA/GNA introduction class will be offered soon. Contact our office NOW for more information!
- This class will prepare our English language learner students for the CNA/GNA licensure classes
- The class is FREE with scholarships for students living in western Maryland
- Students must be eligible to work in the US
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Program
CNAs provide direct care to patients in medical facilities. It takes about 6 months to attain certification. Students will also have an opportunity to take the GNA licensure exam. In Hagerstown and Washington County, medical facilities hire CNAs starting at $17 per hour with sign-on bonuses.
Class Outline (these are estimates of the licensure timeline!)
- CNA Introduction for ESL - two months
- Foundations of Healthcare - up to two month
- Certified Nursing Assistant Module 1 - up to six weeks
- Certified Nursing Assistant Module 2 - up to six weeks
- Certified Nursing Assistant Clinical - up to two months
Contact Roger Turner, ALS & English Language Learner Transition Specialist
MD Voter Registration