Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ability to Benefit Program
YOU CAN GO TO COLLEGE!
Obtain your GED credential while taking college classes!
The ABILITY TO BENEFIT program is designed for students who do not have a high school diploma to continue their GED classes while enrolling in one of eight eligible career pathways using FEDERAL FINANCIAL AID!
Steps for Enrollment in the Ability to Benefit Program:
- Contact the PALS office at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 240-500-2313.
- Work with the PALS office to complete the HCC admissions process, including passing the Accuplacer assessment, completing financial aid documents, screening and choosing your career program, and more.
- Begin college classes and work on your GED in the spring!
Eight Career Pathways Available!
- Alternative Energy Tech—Solar Energy Installation and Service
- Advanced Manufacturing—Industrial Technology
- Engineering Technology—Electronics Technician
- Commercial Vehicle Transportation
- Web and Multimedia Development
- Graphic Design Technology
- Cyber and Network Security
- Information Systems Tech—Network Administration
Are you eligible?
- age 19 or older
- no high school diploma
- eligible to work in the United States
- NRS level 3 or above (ask PALS if you don’t know)
Email today for more information!
MD Voter Registration